[FOSTEL-List] Checklist for FOSTEL attendees

Dave Neary dave.neary at wengo.com
Wed Mar 7 16:04:01 CET 2007

Hi,

Craig Southeren wrote:
> 2) Accomodation: group bookings have been made at hotels and hostels
> close to the conference venue for the nights of Tuesday April 3 and
> Wednesday April 4. Information on the accomodation can be found on the
> Wiki at:
>
> http://fostel2007.fostel.org/index.php/Main_Page#Accommodation
>
> Please email Dave Neary <dave.neary at wengo.com> to confirm your booking
> or if you would like to stay for nights before or after these dates.

I want to underline this one - I checked with the hotel, and there are
only two people (including myself) who have booked rooms with the FOSTEL
group code. This group code is available for a limited time only. Please
book your rooms this week, if you are staying in the Novotel.

> 3) Location: the conference is being held at the European Institute of
> Technology in Paris. A link to the offical map and a Google maps link can
> be found on the Wki page:
>
> http://fostel2007.fostel.org/index.php/Main_Page#Getting_to_the_event
>
> 4) Travel: Detailed information on the best way for people to travel to
> and from airports to the venue will be posted to the wiki. An email will
> be sent to this list when this is available.

To get to Epitech, you need to get to Porte d'Italie by metro with line
7 in the direction of Ivry (pink line). From Porte d'Italie, walk in the
direction of the periphérique (some visible landmarks in that direction:
a Campanile sign on top of some buildings, and a Bricorama that you'll
pass on the way) - it's about 3 - 4 minutes walk. Once you cross the
periph', you'll see the Etap and Novotel both on your left (they're next
door to each other) - walk towards them, and Epitech is the door before
the Etap on your righthand side.

I swear it was a coincidence that the 2 hotels and the conference site
are within 50 meters of each other - I didn't know :)

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary